Thursday 10 January 2013

Reading 50 Shades of Grey--And Tweeting It

I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey yet. To be honest, that was intentional. When it first came out, I was intrigued. To me, while traditional romance isn't usually kinky enough to feature out-and-out Dom/sub relationships, I always felt that some of my favorite authors skirted around the boundary of that. I was excited to read a romance novel about a real D/s relationship--one that was popular enough to actually go mainstream.

But then I started reading reviews, and they were generally not positive...so I decided to skip the whole thing. Until a few weeks ago I accidentally missed a blog post I was supposed to write, and my compatriots decided that would be my penance--not only reading 50 Shades, but tweeting my reactions as I read--and THEN writing a review.

So I know reviewing and ripping apart 50 Shades has been done to death--which is why I'm avoiding reading any reviews from anywhere else until I'm done. Hopefully, I can write about it from a slightly different angle--and I don't want negative reviews to close my mind on it prematurely. So we'll see what I come up with. The tweets will be going on throughout the weekend--and the review will go up next Tuesday.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment