Friday 2 November 2012

Pour Me Another: Moon Over Soho

I’m in the middle of reading Moon Over Soho, a book by Ben Aaronovitch. It’s the second book in his Rivers of London series. I swear I’m hearing strains of Sting’s Moon over Bourbon Street as I read this story. And no, I’m not finished reading, but the way I’ve been going after it, I’ll probably finish by early next week. Not that it’s a popcorn read, just that it’s really, really good, and I love the voice PC Peter Grant has. I devoured Rivers of London, so of course I recommend this one.

What I’ve been drinking -- or thinking of drinking -- while reading this book has been a snakebite. Sweet, meaty with a sudden sharp bite. It’s a book that goes down quick and easy, so quick and easy that, like a snakebite, you find you’ve come to the end only to realize that going so quickly, you missed something and it’s going to come back to bite you.

Recommend: Moon Over Soho and Snakebite (½ pint hard cider, ½ pint lager)

No comments:

Post a Comment