Wednesday 8 January 2014

We're Back!

Well, we fell off the grid there for a bit at the end of 2013. Something about NaNo and word counts and then December. Let's blame it on the egg nog or better yet, mulled wine! Or my annual trip home to New York. I find it very hard to blog when I'm catching up with family, friends and marathoning whatever TV show I somehow I missed. (Guys, did you know about this show called Ray Donovan? It's so bad it's good!) But all that was so 2013.

Fresh off our annual wine fueled reunion writing retreat over New Year, we are happy to be back in the blogging saddle. Jenny, Angel and I have had a writing retreat over Christmas break every year since 2009. Ever since uni, we've been writing, editing, and chatting about all things bookish, pop culture, fangirlish and fascinating. Whenever an email pings into my mailbox from Jenny or Angel, I know I'm going to get an update on something brilliant. From books I have to read, articles that make me think, YouTube videos that make me laugh or sometimes even cry, arguments about which relationships in Game of Thrones to Ship (Brienne and Jamie Lannister and don't get me started on the loss of the great Khal Drogo!). So, this year, we decided we'd carry that conversation over to the blog in our own way. With less structured content, some proper fangirling out and even some more serious posts. Pretty much, think of this as our email to you of all things interesting on the internet.

This year you can find new posts from us every Tuesday and Thursday. I'll be blogging something relating to my new work in progress, querying, getting fit (I'm training for a half-marathon this year with Jenny!), what I'm reading, all things YA and mythological, a rant or two I'm sure will make an appearance over the course of the year and of course my general fangirlness. How have I not written about Emma Approved yet? I feel a blog post might be in the very near future. Anyway, you can find new blog posts from me every Tuesday. Jenny will be blogging on Thursdays. And Angel will be popping in from time to time to tell you all about what's going on in her life, writing and reading.

We'll even have some read along (and re-reads) later in the year. Oh Jericho Barrons how I've missed you!

But for now, I have to clean my flat. Nothing says, "my flat is a tip" quite like being on holiday for three weeks. Sigh.

See you all next week.








2 comments:

  1. I love the Google gif on your pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I have no idea how it happened, Google just magically made it so. WIN!

    ReplyDelete