Thursday 30 January 2014

January Recap: Plus Desolation of Smaug

I was feeling a bit down lately about my January. Things feel like they're moving slowly. My fitness goals are moving slowly; I'm a bit adrift with my next noveling project; the day job has been a bit slower than usual; and the acting hasn't been insanely busy, either.

But then I decided to sit down and write a list of everything that happened in January. And once I saw it written out on paper, I felt a ton better. I think I do this a lot--I get depressed about life when I feel like nothing's happening, but don't realize exactly how much progress I've made because I'm concentrating more on how I feel than real results.

So, to recap in January:

1. I'm finally seriously querying my first manuscript. So far: three requests for fulls!

2. Auditions are a lot fewer and farther between this month, but despite that I got asked to do a staged reading of a new screenplay, booked a voiceover job, and booked a job modeling shoes for a shoe expo in February.

3. My boyfriend's in town, which isn't always the case. Having him around always makes me happy.

4. I've been reading a lot. So far I'm reading three books concurrently, which isn't that efficient, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make a dent in my huge pile of books to read this year.

So, it's not a bad month. Despite the fact that I'm behind on queries this week and behind on a ton of other things, too. So instead of getting all serious on you, I'm going to leave you with this. Because I'm a bit obsessed with all things Tolkien and it makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment