Monday 28 October 2013

I can't even SQUEE I'm so excited for CATCHING FIRE!

Seriously! I can't even begin to express how excited I am for Catching Fire. I am going to have to re-read the book. But, ZOMG look at the final trailer. What I love about the films is how they give the viewers a greater sense of what is going on in Panem. The books are limited to Katniss' first person narration, which makes the terror and the Games that much more powerful and immediate. However, you don't fully process the revolution that Katniss has sparked in the same way until much later in the books. But the films also look at the society as it begins to unravel and embrace the coming storm of revolution. Both are fantastic, but I love how the films really capture that 'spark' of revolution while juxtaposing the cruelty and barbaric nature of the Games.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment